The excellent MixPre-3 portable recorder from Sound Devices has a new firmware update to v1.51 with lots of fixes and improvements.
- Date/Time settings moved to System Menu plus simplified method of entry.
- New Project folders are now only created when the first file is recorded, preventing the SD card filling up with empty folders.
- USB keyboard shortcut [Shift + 8] performs the * Button function. (MixPre-6 only)
On the MixPre-10T, the Shift + 8 shortcut performs the * (left toggle) Switch function, and Ctrl + Shift + 8 performs the ** (right toggle) Switch function.
- Activating Record is now prevented while in USB File Transfer Mode. (MixPre-10T only)
- Improved battery type detection.
- MixPre-3 Input Delay values now hold over power cycles.
- Files can now be selected for playback from the File List while the MixPre is still playing back a file.
- Cleaned up typos and incorrect messages in various popup dialog boxes.
- Corrected three sample offset between isolated and mix track recorded files.
- Virtual keyboard screens were not saving and exiting on the first press of the enter key.
- Channel knob and gain range values could be wrong after changing a channel source to Aux In or switching Aux In Mode between Mic and Line.
- Time is now updated on the Status Bar if left as the active display.
- Rare system lock up that could occur after hours of using Camera timecode.
- External UBits are now stamping correctly as hex values.
- With Channel 1 set to USB1, lInking 1-4 would assign channels 1-4 as USB1, USB1, USB2, USB3 instead of USB1, USB2, USB3, USB4.
- Multiple other system enhancements and improvements.
- Invalid Path error messages would pop up intermittently when creating a new Project folder.
- Audible noise on L and R Out when adjusting Stereo Out level from -21 to -40 dB.
- Input type was incorrectly getting set to the incorrect USB Channels when Channels 1-4 are linked. (MixPre-6 only)
If you reed any custom location recording please contact Jonathan on 01225 470011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org